Thursday 1 July 2010

La Banda - Contender 3

  • Brand: La Banda
  • Description: Choclo Blanco Entero
  • Made in: Argentina
  • Weight: 350g
  • Drained Weight: 192g
  • Price: $4.30 (pesos)
  • Ingredients: White Corn, Water, Salt, Acidifier, Citric Acid
  • Calories: 94 (per tin)

Contender 3 immediately sets itself apart from the first 2 by being white corn, and by having no sugar listed in the ingredients (is where the "sweet" comes from with yellow corn?). I'm a little baffled by Acidifier though (this is translation I've found for the Spanish word Acidulante), I'll have to investigate more.

The label is a bit washed out which I had hoped wasn't due to it being on the shelves for the last 3 years but the Sell By date checks out so that's good. A website is listed which gives you an idea of the artistic style, but it doesn't do much.

I also like the brand - my mum & dad's initials are B and A. BandA. Get it?

0 comments:

Me vs Corn

My Photo
jontyjago
The other day I noticed that my local supermarket had 17 different kinds of tinned corn. Over the next few weeks I am going to try each one and review it here.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

My Blog List