Sunday 27 June 2010

Corn Wars Launches


In Buenos Aires there is no real concept of political correctness, they just say it like they see it and claim no offence intended. So, if a local supermarket is run by people with Asian origins, it's known as "el chino". Every couple of blocks there is a "chino". Mine is literally 30m from my front door, and I'm in my local one pretty much every day buying stuff.

I often buy tinned sweetcorn, I use it a lot in cooking and salads and stuff. I like it. The other day I noticed that my local chino had rather a lot of different varieties of corn. I counted them. 17 different types of tinned corn. This needed investigation. How could they be differentiated? Surely all corn is born equal?



Over the next few weeks I intend to investigate this baffling level of variety and ultimately crown one lucky tin as the WINNER OF THE CORNWARS!

0 comments:

Me vs Corn

My Photo
jontyjago
The other day I noticed that my local supermarket had 17 different kinds of tinned corn. Over the next few weeks I am going to try each one and review it here.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

My Blog List